Sure, this is just for fun but I believe there is a lot true here as well - Little wonder the state of California is in debt for at least 100 $billion dollars and growing. And if that's not enough, people are fleeing that state like rats from a sinking ship.
The Coyote Principle
· The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor's dog, then bites the Governor.
· The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.
· He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
· He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
· The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
· The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.
· The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote awareness program" for residents of the area.
· The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
· The Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training re the nature of coyotes.
· PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state.
· The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.
· The Governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
· The buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.