Monday, August 01, 2005

Good morning - It's going to be another hot one for sure but then it is summer and I wouldn't have any other way -

Here is another aspect of retirement that I didn't know existed - the conflict between what you think you should accomplish every day and what you actually get done and how important is it that you accomplish something grand every day.

I actually get sick almost every day worrying about what I should accomplish and what I actually get done - a lot of the time I just want to sit and read a book, not all day, but just for a while. Even this causes stress in that I feel I must get up and be physically productive.

The feeling isn't something that one can put your finger on exactly, but it just kind of set there in your stomach, gnawing away. I sometimes think it's hunger, in that I don't eat in between meals other than eating fruit or something that isn't fattening. In reality, it's stress.

In starting to find an answer to this problem, I have determined that I worry about getting to old and weak to do the things I want to do - I am 62 and in good health and I know it should serve me well for many years yet, at least for the next 10 years anyway - I need that strength now and in the future - I worry I won't have it when I need it -

More on this as time goes rapidly by -

By the way, that race that I said I was going to do last Saturday, well I did it and took first place - there was only one other person in my age group but I still hung in there with a lot of people that were thirty years younger than me. I came in 84 over all out of 128 or so - it was my first race of the season and maybe my last other than Mauston, in two weeks, which is the hardest race of the season, I think -

Also I just bought a new mountain bike - a Specialized Epic Marathon - what a beauty - more on this after I take my first ride this week at the South Kettle Marane.

President Bush really gave the Democrats a kick in the butt when he sent John Bolton to the UN on Presidential appointment. This will give him this post until the new congress is sworn in in 2007 after the mid-term elections - The President has this constitutional authority.

You know the left will go nuts over this, they filibustered him from the beginning, over 6 months ago, and they will forget that Clinton used the same authority 140 times in eight years.

They have stated that their stalling his nomination wasn't filibustering. What a hoot - they will say and do anything no matter the consequences - another good example is Howard Dean - The insanity is complete - Go figure!

No comments: