Tuesday, August 16, 2005

This has been a very interstice day - Mondays are always nice when you are retired because you didn't have to get up to go to work - heh - but also it was good because I talked to my brother out in Maryland for an hour, covering everything from guns to politics. I am thankful that I have two great brothers and a great sister and we get along famously -

The low point to day was learning the my church, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, ELCA, has decided that Israel is the problem in the peace process. They, The ELCA, thinks that the wall that surrounds much of Israel bordering on Palestine, and they say it is Palestinian land, is a treat to establishing peace in the area. They stated that they don't care for the new tax that Israel has instituted as well -

They voted 668 to 269 on this resolution - The committee members made no mention of the terrorist attacks that have killed hundreds in Israel - I guess that kind of thing doesn't matter when making decisions, especially if it doesn't fit the agenda that you have in mind -

I have been a member of the ELCA all my life, but because of that ruling I will leave the church and seek my God at home -

No comments: