Monday, August 29, 2005

Have you ever thought about all of the worthless pictures that you have taken? Did you ever contemplate what you would do with the three hundred pictures that you took when you went to Europe? How many times have you looked at them since? When you do finally spend ten minutes on some bored Saturday afternoon, what will you remember about them?

Of course this was before digital so you had to have them developed at some tremendous cost and then some of them didn't come out looking so great even though you have a camera that even an complete idiot could run and not screw up.

As luck will have it, digital has come around just in time to take the pressure off you. Now you can shoot all day long not have to worry about someone seeing your screw up because you can down load them when you get back to the hotel and get rid the bad ones.

What luck, now when you get home with the three thousand shots that you saved on a CD, now you can just put it into the DVD player and watch your vacation that you will paying for the next eight months. Hey, maybe you had a great time, maybe not - but it's a sure thing you won't know the first day from the last!

I'm just kidding, you won't watch that crap now or in the future because you are so tired and broke that all you want to do is go back to work so you can get some rest. Odds are you will never, and I mean never, watch that CD unless someone else plays it and even then you will say to yourself - what a waste of money -

I have literally thousands of slides from forty years ago that I will never watch and 4x6 35mm shots by the trunk full that I haven't looked at since I put them there over the last fifteen years. Oh I always said I would put them in an album one day so it would be easier to enjoy - bull!! If I ever do, it will be a cluster - - - , because I have no idea what most of them are about nor do I care - the older I get the less I care for details like that - just let them set there, I'll get to them one day - heh -

Next time, let's talk about what people will do with your 'legacy in pictures' when you are gone. What a hoot -

No comments: