Friday, August 26, 2005

I'm still not getting a good grip on retirement - it just seems that I am not going anywhere but isn't that what I'm supposed to do? The transition from the structured work life to one of self-direction is more difficult than I thought it would be. In fact I never gave it thought, how could I when I had no idea this situation existed. I always thought retirement meant you went on with your life without work. Not so!

I've talked about how l stress out about not knowing what I'm going to do next and of all the things that I want to do and planed to do but haven't. I haven't even started even the most basic projects - It's been a year and a half since retirement -

There is one thing that I have accomplished with some satisfaction and that is I have read a lot of books. Maybe that's a good way to get started retiring - easy my way into it - heh

No comments: