Sunday, August 28, 2005

I just got back from the Kettle Marine national park where I was riding my mountain bike - what thrill! I just got it about a month ago and I am still sorting out all the neat things that I can do with it that was damn near impossible with my old bike, a twelve year old Bontrager.

These trails are some of the best in the state. All single track with a lot of good climbs that will challenge even the best riders - the experts do say that they aren't very technical but with all the rocks and sand traps, it is a good work out for me.

A friend and I went twenty miles today at an averge speed of 9.6 mph. He had a small accident, though, when attacking a sand pit in the middle of some pine trees - the front wheel went in a different direction then his face which struck a glancing blow on a pine tree. No lasting damage. It could have been much worse. - heh - We always say that when one of us get hurt -

Do you think guys in their sixties should be doing this kind of stuff? If so, why not?

No comments: