Sunday, August 14, 2005

Good morning fellow bloggers - the sun is out and the air is fresh from just a little rain last night. The temperature is 62 - perfect! I'm a little stiff form my ride yesterday in the woods which turned out to be 25 miles and a lot of very steep hills that I wasn't able to make, not one! They are short but, even in my best gear, I still went over. They are so steep that when you go over you start to slide down the hill on your back or side. I made it mostly to the top on all but one, and that one is nothing but loose rock and deep dirt. I don't think that one is in my future as a victory. heh

As I have mentioned before, I am retired and continually observing what it is like to be retied and finding that it isn't anything like it thought it would be. In the past, I have listed things that I wanted to do before the day actually arrived and most of those have not come to pass. Because of these pre-retirement goals, I now have stress because I have not accomplished them. What's wrong with this picture?

For now, I find that I have to go one day at a time and do what ever comes to mind at that moment. Planning every move ahead of time is a big mistake. I am not on a schedule so I can do what ever needs to be done right now and then work other things in as the day and week progresses.

Aways be aware that there is a transition from the working life to the retired life. You can't just walk away from all those years of work without some connections.

It's very much like when racing bicycles in a group. If you see an opertiunity to attack the group and break away, there is a magical cord that binds you to this group that must be broken before you can escape. Once this has been accomplished, you are free of them. I don't understand how it works, but it does -

Here is something to think about from a famous American, Abraham Lincoln: "The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time" So go and do likewise -

No comments: