Saturday, December 10, 2005

Stars are made - -

Posted by Picasa Bucky, a Portuguese Water Dog has definite reasons on how he became a star:
" It wasn't all that difficult. I was born with most of my talent. All I needed was to be pushed in the right direction and then it was all down hill and across the creek. I refer to it sometimes as a cake walk.

I'm the first Porty in the country to achieve the status of Tracking Champion and I did it before I was two. Many others have tried but all have fallen short. For me it was just a 'walk in the park'.

Their problem, of course, was just a pure lack of talent,that is, no sense of direction - heh - just a little tracking humor there - No, I don't have to put-down other trackers because they are already only 'also-rans'

Flicker is the veteran of the bunch and therefore has a much larger view of what being a star is all about:
" My whole life has been one paper chase after another - this title and then that title - I have done it all, Tracking Champion and Agility Champion and field titles by the tons, but, hey, who really cares, right? I even had a litter of pups but it didn't slow me down.

To me it's just fifteen minutes of fame and then get out of the way, I'm headed to the chow line. You want to know what's important, it food! Lots of food. If you can achieve a never ending supply of food, then you know that you have finally made the big time. These kids today have no idea of what life is all about. They think it just biting and snarling their way to the top. But when they get there, they'll find out it's all just more piece of paper for the wall, That's their trouble, no history."

Then, of course, there is Flicker's daughter, Beats. What do you think about being in the top twenty dogs in the country:
"I can't imagine that my life would have turned out any different - you know how things happen for you and then they happen again, well, I don't even try most of the time and it's one win after another.

I know I'm good and good looking - see, that's where most of my competition really falls short, they are pretty fast and all, but gosh, they are just butt ugly. I have that touch of greatness. I have big eyes and a nice smile and I wiggle all over - I can do it all.

I like the way I look to, because every body falls over themselves when they come near me. They just have to touch me. Hey, when your good and the best - life is great - Oh, and by the way, I'm pregnant or I hope I am. I had guys waiting in lines from all over the country for the chance to get that close to me.

My future is very bright. I need one more title and I will be only the third dog ever to hold a VDC 4 in the county. The sky is the limit, my man. Just reach out and take a bite of the good life".

So as the world continues to turn from left to right, even before these stars were born, so it will continue after they are gone but not forgotten - stars that shine this brightly will always light even the darkest places in our hearts.

No comments: