Thursday, November 03, 2005

Fun In the Woods

Another fun time in the woods mountain biking - the weather was perfect and even though the trails were covered with leaves, it was just a treat to out there.

I started about eleven thirty with my dressing dance and then hit the trail around noon with my camera for the first 10 mile loop. It was really fun to just cruise the trail looking for some good shot to show Barb and my other buddies that ride the trails on the week ends. They couldn't go to day because they had to work - heh - bummer!

The only problem with taking pictures on these trails is the rocks - if you don't pay attention to the trail you're going to get into trouble, and I did, but nothing serious - still it was a little scary at times. I got some great shots. I would love to show them on this site but I have only dial - up service so that's out - I live in the country so no DSL or cable -

My second loop was much faster and more fun by far - the only problem that I had was almost running over several people that were on the trail and shouldn't be - one woman was walking with her baby on her back and her two dogs, loose. The other was two women that stopped to drink some water without getting off the trail. In both cases I had to come to a complete stop, not the end of the world, but it only makes sense to not have loose dogs or stop to rest on the trail -

Anyway, it was still fantastic to be riding today and when I got back to the car, Barb had made a lunch for me that was perfect - two sandwiches, an apple and two cookies. What a great way to end the ride, sitting in the car with the doors open, I have that certain glow after a good work out, the afternoon sun on my face and just a slit breeze roaming the area while I ate my lunch. Priceless!



No comments: