Saturday, November 19, 2005

Bad Driving Habits

I ranted on this a few days ago. I'm not sure if this happens to only me, but I think it is pretty much a common thing. It's when people pull out in front of you on the interstate at the last second, sometimes they even use their turn signals, so they can go around a car that's going slower then they are, but they do it just so they don't have to touch their brakes to release their cruise control. You, of course, are traveling faster then they are when you are passing them in the left lane, but now you have to jump on the brakes to avoid rear ending this person.

Well, now that I have repeated the whole thing for you, you can understand the frustration when this happens quite often.

But this isn't the only thing that bugs me about bad drives. How about the guy that is sitting at a stop sign on a two lane road waiting to enter as you are approaching at speed. You know, without a doubt, that this person will wait until you are right on top of them and then they will decide to pull out.

What is their problem? Is it that they can't make a decision unless they are in a crisis saturation? Or maybe their eye sight is so bad that they can't see someone coming. Maybe they don't care who is coming, they feel sure you will stop for them or avoid them out a sense of personal safety for yourself.

What ever the reasons that they have, I guess I don't care because I don't trust anyone in that situation. I always slow down some and I am prepared to slam on the brakes and take evasive action.

Okay, yes I drive too fast, which is not a good thing, and this might throw off their ability to judge speed, but even so, it happens to often and I am not speeding all the time.

No comments: