Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Media Blitz on Delay

I find it amazing that just about any magazine or newspaper that you want to pick up today has a story on Tom Delay, the criminal. The man has not been charged and the from all of the reports the grand jury decision will not stand. Delay's lawyer has issued subpoenas to Mr. Ronnie Earle to produce the documents that he used in the grand jury investigation and subsequent indictment of Delay.

Newsweek and US News and our local papers, as well as the larger dailies, have used information from questionable sources to character assassinate Delay before the public. I find it hard to believe that these sources would use information, according to the US Attorney office, does not stand up to the facts in this case.

Why would they do this? It seems to me that just about every known news source has taken up the drum beat to get Delay in some way. If he is guilty, then I will be the first to throw is ass in jail, but not on the say so of Zuckerman of US News.

This whole thing is starting to take on the same characteristics of the feeding frenzy that prevailed during the monkey trails of Richard Nixon. Even those that didn't seem to have a bias before are now slashing and cutting with the best of them . Only this time we have the internet to balance the lame stream bias - I am sicken by the shear volume of material that is being printed with such an obvious bias - the intensity is unbelievable.

If I am wrong here and just being defensive, let me know in a few weeks when all of this ranting is done and the truth emerges. Because if am right, and I believe that I am, I will sure let you know about it.


No comments: