Thursday, September 15, 2005

Holy Smokes Batman - what a mess - I lost Blogger for several days here and I have been communicating with the support team with no results, so I decided to take things into my own hands and find the problem. It worked!

The problem is that I tried to download a new program form their site and, of course, I didn't read the fine print that said this new program from Word won't run with anything less that Window 2000. I have 98 and I found out the hard way that before you proceed with an operation that you know nothing about, read the instructions.

We all know how that works, right? - when all else fails, read the directions.

Originally the Word program wanted my pass word which I gave and then found out it was the wrong password for my site which in turn gave me a message that it was not right and asked to make a new one, which I did and that, for some unknown reason, dropped me off the Blogger site -

After much to-do and finding that I have 5 user names, of which I couldn't remember the pass words, I had to go through the list and make new pass words until I arrived at the right one that I had set up the account on originally - there seems to be no end to computer problems. That and I should keep better records.

Well, enough of that stuff, I'm off to the the Fat Tire Mountain Bike Festival Race this Saturday - 40 miles through the woods from Hayward to Telmark Ski Lodge near Cable Wisconsin - like I said in a previous post I'm a road racer and have been for 10 years so I'm in good condition. I started mountain biking three years ago in the off season as a good way to stay in shape. But I can tell you now after I did this race last year that it the hardest thing I have ever done on a bike of any kind, period!

I hope to improve my time considerably. As I mentioned earlier also, I was beaten by 1276 other riders out of 1800- still it was embarrassing. My friends have kept me informed of this for a year now so I hope that things will come together this time around if for no other reason than to get these people off my back - heh -

No comments: