Friday, February 16, 2018

Starbucks Coffee Extraordinaire : Why Is That?

In my simple life and time wondering the landscape, I can count on one hand the number times that I've entered a Starbucks to buy a cup of coffee. And I can even remember as best as I can that it stated good. It even covered, to some extent, the pain of what it cost for such an extravagant indulgence for my need for caffeine.

But the question that still remains is, why the extraordinary popularly for a cup of Starbucks coffee? What is it that commands a person to pay so much for so little? What is it in our mental make-up that drives us to accept the notion that if you pay a lot of money for something of little or no consequence or value, it becomes something entirely different then what it actually is.

Could it be having that coffee cup, with the name 'Starbucks' on it in your hand as you proudly walk the street, elevates your status beyond those other poor souls watching you proudly strut your stuff, that wish they could have a cup like that in their hand so they could also become something extra special?

But hey, it works well for Starbuck's bottom line which means it's good for the economy and I like that.


No comments: