Saturday, November 11, 2006

Snow - Already?

Is this Saturday already? How time flies. We got our first snow storm last night. It was much, about two inches but it was wet and now, this morning, it is frozen to everything. The weather man says the sun will be out sometime today to help remove the white stuff from the sagging trees and roads.

My wife called me on her cell phone last night from points north on the interstate indicating she was involved in a blizzard. This mornings report from her told of 6 inches of the wet stuff, and further north, up to 12 inches of the white menace. Goodness this is an early development even for Wisconsin.

There have been years that I have ridden my mountain bike in the woods as late as thanksgiving and the temperatures were in the sixties.

I believe this is just an early warning sign of a hard winter. I also believe we will have some good weather before the bad stuff will be here to stay. I think it's called Indian summer. With any luck, it will come soon as I have a ton of work to do outside to prepare for the onslaught of the cold.

No comments: