Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Mexicans in the Spotlight

This article will give you some idea how the marches have affected the entire country, if at all - it doesn't look like much has happened except the vocal few have turn the country against their cause.

One thing that the Mexican marches have done to me is see the whole Latino population in a completely different light.

In the past I have given them the benefit of the doubt even though I knew they were here illegally. I thought, for the most part, they were hard working, and they are, family oriented people that just what to get a better life.

Now all that has changed. Still, I believe the majority of Latinos that live here and want to become American citizens, are the people that we want and need in this country. I also believe it was always too easy to cross the boarder and go to work rather than having to do it the legal way which has brought us to this point in time.

But on the other hand, the other and more vocal portion of the 12 million illegal horde, and smaller as well, has by association turn many a Americans against the entire community of Mexicans.

In the past, I never gave them a second thought. That's over now.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5461

No comments: