Saturday, July 09, 2016

Driving And Cell Phone Use and Hillary Promotions : Good Stuff (Humor)

As the election moves forward, the battle lines become more distinct and colorful. And in this same vain of political division that exist in our country, here is a personal note that happened to me the other day.

I was behind a women at an exit stop sign coming off the interstate where one has to make a move to cross traffic coming from both direction, her blinker was on to turn left but she couldn't seem to make a decision as she was on her cell phone.
 
As more and more good opportunities passed and I was in somewhat of a hurry, I decided to convince her she needed to become aware of those behind her, so blew my horn. This didn't help much as she continued to hold the phone to her ear and swivel her head looking to see if the way was clear but didn't move.
 
Finally there wasn't any traffic coming from either direction as far as the eye could see, she entered the double lane heading to her left. Great I said and proceeded to follow her as I was going in the same direction. But then as we both entered the median to turn left, all of sudden a car came into view that was in the rignt lane and close enough to see the car was clearly in the right lane leaving the left lane open and an easy and safe trun could be made.
 
But of course, here is the conflict of decision making while talking on the phone. It appeared she couldn't put the phone down to driven her car in a safe manner in a situation where it called for all of her complete attention, but this was not an option for her.
 
Unable to focus on driving and speaking on the phone, as she started to turn left from the cross-over median, she panicked and hit the brakes hard which placed her right in the median and me right behind her where I had to make a panic stop myself as I was close behind her going in the same direction.

Now of course there is traffic coming again and we are both haning out in traffic from both diections she finally moves into the left lane after the on-coming car passes.

This is something that I hate to admit to, that's losing control of myself behind the wheel of my car, but that is exactly what happened. As we both approach a stop light I pulled up next to her and shouted at her to put the phone down and drive the car.

She did what I expected she might and flipped me off and to which I responded with the most obscene, immoral, demeaning and derogatory group of words that I could think of under pressure in response to her gesture, I said to her in a loud voice, 'what are you, a stupid democrat?' Then as the light changed to green and horns blowing from behind, I drove away watching in the rearview mirror for a response that came, of course like the first one.

Upon reflection to my outburst, road rage, I am not pleased that I found myself in a moment of weakness that I thought would not happen, ever. But then I am also somewhat pleased with my quick and accurate summation statement concerning cell phone use behind the wheel of a car. Was it right to shout at a another driver at a stop light like this, no, but damit, it sure felt good at the time.

Okay ,enough, but do me a favor, when behind the wheel, put the phone down long enough for me to get passed you when I'm on the road at the same time with you!

Thanks, The Slickster!
 

[(Author unknown) and who cares anyway, it's good humor]
As I approached the entrance to Home Depot, I noticed a driver looking for a parking space.    I flagged the driver and pointed out a handicap parking space that was open and available.
 
The driver looked puzzled, rolled down her window and said, "I'm not handicapped!”  Well, as you can imagine, my face was red! "Oh, I'm sorry," I said, "I saw your 'I'm Ready for Hillary' bumper sticker and just assumed that you suffer from a mental disorder.”
 
She gave me the finger and screamed some nasty names at me. Wow! Some people don't appreciate it when you're just trying to help them.  Go figure.
 
 

No comments: