Thursday, January 31, 2008

John McCain Wants OPEN Boarders

I still don't like or trust John McCain and, of course, I never have. If you recall, I said that I got a very bad feeling from him at the 2004 Republican convention - he came across as insincere in his speech and his body english. I told my wife then that he is not to be trusted and he has proven me correct.

The following interview with Michelle Malkin on the Gleen Beck radio show goes a long way in finding the true John McCain. How he has gotten this far in the election process is no mistery to me - I will expand on this in the near future. I'm afraid it will be more of a rant than anything but I fell strongly on this subject.

This is a little long but good discussion and debate must be part of our daly time allocation.

*McCain’s Dishonesty on Immigration and Border Control

*GLENN: From Radio City in Midtown Manhattan, this is the third most listened to show in all of America. I'm glad you're listening today. I will tell you that the staff at the Glenn Beck program has had an intervention on me about a half hour ago because I'm a little testy, quite frankly. It might have to do with internal bleeding that we haven't been able to find yet or, you know, the anemia or any of the other things going on in my life right now, the lack of sleep, et cetera, et cetera. Or it could just be boiled down to John McCain. And when I say John McCain, my frustration comes from I don't understand America that can say, look at how wrong John McCain has been. 70% of America says John McCain is wrong about immigration. They believe in securing the border, et cetera, et cetera. And he says he has an epiphany.

Well, now, when you listen to the American people, okay, great, I had an epiphany, I listened to the American people. The reason why I'm so upset is what you're going to hear in the next few minutes. It is something that most of America doesn't know and when you hear the facts laid out before you about John McCain, it should make your blood boil. Whether it will or not, I don't know, but it should. Michelle Malkin is here and she's gooding to lay the whole story out. Hi, Michelle.

MALKIN: Hi, Glenn.
GLENN: Have you ever seen such an audacious slap in the face to the American people as this?MALKIN: I haven't felt one like this in a long time, Glenn. I'm still reeling from it. But I do hope that as more people find out about McCain's open border roots that they won't buy the dye job that he's given himself and the instant immigration makeover that he's trying to sell to conservatives and Republicans.
GLENN: Okay, I want you to lay it -- two pieces of audio, one from John McCain being asked about it and then another piece of audio from the gentleman that is now working with him. So you tell me the best time to play it while you explain what he's doing right now behind everybody's back.
MALKIN: Sure. Well, last month I received a tip from a concerned reader and she had listened to John McCain speak to the Hispanic Republicans in Nevada at a conference and apparently at this conference McCain was trying to tout his connection to a man named Dr. Juan Hernandez who has been named the national director of Hispanic outreach for the McCain 2008 campaign. This reader of mine was appalled when she learned of this hire and it had exactly the opposite effect that apparently McCain wanted it to have. This was supposed to be reassuring to Hispanic Republicans that this guy had been hired as outreach.

My colleague at hotair.com, Bryan Preston, confirmed this staff hire and, in fact, on John McCain's daughter's campaign website, there's a lovely, cozy picture of Juan Hernandez pivoting with Meghan McCain and Mark MacKinnon who is the campaign guru for John McCain. Well, who is this guy? I'm quite familiar with him. I've debated him several years on the cable TV circuit because he's one of the most ubiquitous ethnocentric open borders zealots on the scene.

GLENN: I have never -- you know what, Michelle, he's been on my show quite a few times. In fact, I've banned him from the show. I'm just not going to give the guy any more airtime.

MALKIN: Good. He is an expert at filibustering and he is an expert at crooked talk. He talks a smooth game about how, of course, he supports our immigration laws but at the same time he had served as a Mexican cabinet official under Vicente Fox where he worked diligently to do nothing but undermine sovereignty and our laws. Yeah, it would be a great time to go ahead and play one of those audio clips because --

GLENN: Let's play, Stu, let's first play the John McCain and then we'll play the second clip of Juan Hernandez.
STU: Right, this is the answer because someone actually asked about Juan Hernandez.GLENN: Here it is, here's John McCain.
VOICE: I wonder if you agree with those policies. If so, explain it to me. And if not, why is he on your staff.
McCAIN: He's on my staff because he supports my policies and my proposals and my legislative proposal to secure the borders first, that no one will receive Social Security benefits who is in this country illegally. I don't know what his previous positions are, other previous positions are but he supports mine. I have nothing to do with his. And he has volunteered to help me with outreach to our Hispanic citizenry as that is his reach as I outreach to every citizen in America. I've made very clear my position on immigration, made very clear on my position on Social Security and, of course, I am grateful that we have so many people who came from Ireland to the United States of America and anybody else who can come here legally under the right system and that's the only system that I would ever support and I have no idea but I will check into the information you've given me. But I want to promise you I will secure our borders. I will not allow anyone to come here illegally. I will not allow anyone to receive Social Security or any other benefit because they have come here illegally and broken our laws.

GLENN: Okay. That's John McCain. Now, it's so disingenuous to say he doesn't know who this man is or his policies. This is a guy who used to work for Vicente Fox. He is the most open border guy you could possibly imagine. Here's just one clip of Juan Hernandez, and we've got tons of them and we'll be playing them over the next few days. Here's just one clip of Juan Hernandez on TV.
HERNANDEZ: I don't think that we need to build walls to control immigration. We are the 21st century now and we're a country that has always broken down walls. Once again with regard to securing the borders, we need to work with Mexico. We're never going to have a secure border. We're not going to put a wall up for these hundreds and hundreds thousands of miles. We have to work with our neighbors. We need to think now for the future. Canada, the United States and Mexico as a block.

GLENN: Canada, Mexico and America as a block. That's who this guy is. Michelle?
MALKIN: A block, not a region. He said it many times. He also, when he worked for this Mexican bureaucracy called the presidential office for Mexican abroad, what he did was he spent his time traveling all across our country lobbying local, state and federal officials for driver's license for illegal aliens. He defended his operators who were carrying illegal aliens to the country and who promoted extending banking privileges here in the United States to illegal aliens, lobbied to get lower rates for them so that they could send home billions of dollars in remittances back to their country. The guy does not believe in borders. He is a senior fellow at something called the Reform Institute which is a think tank that John McCain founded and it has come under scrutiny by the mainstream media because it underscores John McCain's hypocrisy not just on open borders but also on campaign finance because he's used his supposedly nonpartisan, nonprofit thinking to solicit donations from big donors who he then goes and crusades for while he's sitting on Senate committees. At this reform institute which is in part funded with George Soros money, Juan Hernandez was in charge of leading the lobbying campaign for John McCain's amnesty effort last year. And this reform institute also sponsored an art contest for students where they spent their time demonizing the border. And you can go and look. I linked this on my website, to all of the art that compares the walls our borders and our border fences to the Berlin wall which keeps people in instead of walling people out to prevent invasion, to prevent undermining our sovereignty, to prevent encroaching of our laws. And for McCain to have the gall to stand there and tell that voter in Florida who, by the way, learned about this Juan Hernandez thing by looking at our research on the Internet, for him to say that he supports securing the border first when he's got a guy outreaching to illegal aliens to persuade them to make John McCain President? It's more than nauseating. I have an ulcer.

GLENN: Michelle, I mean, I don't think -- I just don't think I have ever seen, well, at least on the GOP side I don't think I have seen anything more insidious than this kind of stuff. I mean, this is Bill Clinton insidiousness. This is somebody who is taking and wrapping themselves around an issue and trying to convince the American people that he's doing one thing and he is doing exactly the opposite behind our back.If John McCain would get into office and this stuff would happen, I really honestly think, Michelle, and talk me down from this tree, I think John McCain is more dangerous even than Hillary Clinton because at least Hillary Clinton has Bill Clinton to make her triangulate eventually. There will be no stopping between John McCain and the Progressives of going down a road that is massive internationalists. Right or wrong?

MALKIN: I'm with you on much of that. I think it's fascinating to --
GLENN: But hang on, Michelle. My point is if you have Hillary Clinton try to pull off what John McCain is going to try to pull off, I mean, and I don't believe he doesn't know this guy's policies. This guy is a leader. If he tried to pull this off and you have a Progressive Democratic congress, there's no one to stop it because there's enough John McCain Republicans in congress that it would sweep through. They're going to sweep through all kinds of treaties, all kinds of internationalism and there would be no stopping it. I mean, you've got -- how did we get welfare reform? We got it with a Democratic President and a Republican congress. They swept it through. You want to have gigantic international global warming treaties or gigantic treaties that are signed for setting up a block of Mex-Ameri-Canada, you put John McCain in office.

MALKIN: Yeah, I understand your point about triangulation and I'm very down. I'm very depressed about the rise of John McCain. But I don't completely believe that we wouldn't be able to stop it. Look, we had a globalist open borders Republican President try to push amnesty through with the Progressive left, the open borders left. His name was George W. Bush and he did not get his way and that's thanks in large part to the conservatives and talk radio and in the grassroots who John McCain has the same hostility to. The point is we don't want to repeat history here. I don't want another George W. Bush open borders type in the White House. And, you know, I'm galled by all of the Republican establishments who think we should shut up about it. Yes, everybody should know about Juan Hernandez. Everybody should know about Jerry Perenchio who is the billionaire founder of Univision who is a national campaign co-chair of John McCain. People should know about it.

GLENN: What is his -- besides him being the head of Univision, what is, you know, what's so devious about him?
MALKIN: He's also -- I mean, he's Juan Hernandez with a billion dollars. Let's put it that way. He's led the campaign to fight an English emergent initiative which was hugely popular and won overwhelmingly in California with the 227 that abolished so-called bilingual education which is keeping students hostage and basically forcing them to learn a foreign language instead of English and it was included popularly and overwhelmingly especially by Hispanic parents, law-abiding Hispanic parents who were appalled at the public schools with teaching their kids Spanish instead of English. Well, Perenchio, who is the national co-chair for McCain, poured millions of dollars not only directly into the opposition campaign but he put hourly public service announcements on Univision claiming that this was just -- it was not about helping Hispanic families, he was about helping his bottom line an keeping people from watching Univision instead of putting it into American culture. He's also given tons of money to Planned Parenthood and the National Resources Defense Council and you can see these are birds of a feather, Juan Hernandez, Jerry Perenchio, John McCain who, you know, isn't just a guy, the open borders type but also happens to be one of these stop global warming fear mongers. So it all says, and people should know the company that he keeps and the outreach that he is doing now to Reagan is, you know, completely cynical move to try and get into the office and nobody should buy it. This is the New York Times' favorite Republican.

GLENN: So Michelle, we were doing the math today on the election. How do you reverse this?MALKIN: Well, I said last night that it is a Mt. Everest battle for Mitt Romney and, of course, Mitt Romney has this problem but one problem he doesn't have is he doesn't have a record of crushing his shoe heel into the face of the conservatives. I would rather have someone who has, you know, had an epiphany and is now coming to court conservative votes because he wants to represent them than to somebody who even, as he now claims that he's the conservative frontrunner, continues to insult and spit in their faces.

GLENN: Michelle Malkin, I've got 30 seconds. If it's John McCain, Hillary Clinton, do you pull the lever for John McCain?MALKIN: Not at this moment I don't. I'm running a poll right now on my site and you can see that there are a majority of my own readers who are going to sit home. And I think it's a big warning to the conservative movement out there. We still have time to fix this.
GLENN: Michelle Malkin, thank you very much, appreciate it.

No comments: