Monday, November 26, 2007

Liberals can Not be Happy

There seems to be a law that states" if you are a liberal, smiling or laughing or giving thanks is prohibited!" To illustrate this I wrote a note to all of my contacts in the family and what friends I have managed gather over the years, describing what I thought America means to me on this past Thanksgiving day -

I got one response, I didn't expect any as this was just a statement, from a relative in California. She is a very nice person and I have know her all my life, although we haven't seen each other for twenty years or more.

I had stated that America was the best place in the world to be and I love my country which has given me everything. I said we have everything. Opportunity, security and chooses in our lives. I said we should give thanks for all of the those who gave their lives so the rest of us can enjoy such God given gifts.

The response stated she could not except my view of America - everything is wrong - the war is tearing us apart and as a result, everyone hates us. Were not in this war because we were attacked , it's about oil and big business. There is fear in America that we are outcasts and that we have attacked and killed innocent people in Iraq. After all they love there country too and we smashed it, took it away from them.

She ended by saying we have to have a truce -!? Wait a minute, I just stated how I love my country and I was thankful for living here - she had to run down the country and explain why she thinks America is wrong headed. What is wrong with just saying 'I am glad to be in America too' and leave it at that!!!!! No, the liberal has to go negative.

I guess when someone says 'I love my country' it's a signal to explain how wrong they are - nobody should feel that way especially if you live in America. That really ticks me off -

In any event, keep the faith, the battle is joined!

No comments: