Thursday, November 09, 2006

What Went Wrong?

I have been looking for a good reason why the Republicans took such a hit last Tuesday. I find it extremely hard to convince myself that it was just a midterm thing or that the Democrats are just plain better than the conservatives as leaders or law makers. That's nonsense.

Never the less, I still can't put my finger on the reason for such a complete rout. It can't be the war in Iraq or the economy or immigration by themselves. Maybe it's a combination of a bunch of things.

The media certainly had a hand in presenting a false picture of what the Republicans were trying to accomplish, and of course, as an example, the security leaks in the New York Times was directed right at the Republicans and the President. What are we suppose to believe? The media doesn't lie, right?

Did it matter that this disinformation has been going on for six years - a constant flow of false and misleading information by almost every news outlet in the country? Certainly a factor.

Even so, I still don't know what happened to cause so many people to lose their common sense and it's driving me up the wall.

As I have mention previously, voting for the Democrats was like allowing terrorist into your home. On Tuesday, the voters decided the terrorist aren't so bad after all - - - hmmmm - - nah - but then again - - the Democrats are set to control our lives.

This article comes as close to a sane rationalization for the defeat as any I have read. Everyone seems to have such good hide sight, but this article provides, I believe, a good foundation of what Republicans did or didn't do, and how we have to proceed in the future.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=6022

No comments: