Thursday, October 27, 2005

Taking a stand !

I just received my annual letter from my church asking for a financial commitment for 2006. They stated that is was a sad saturation that 20% of the congregation was responsible for 80% of the total of the budget. In a previous letter they stated out of 1300 families that attended services, 900 did not contribute anything. Now they are asking for me to increase my giving due to a short fall in revenue for this year and the new budget will be even higher for next year.

I have a problem with this, not the giving part, but the church in general and it misguided divergence into liberal left politics.

The church, all 5 million members, sent their representatives to the annual council meeting some months ago and voted, about 750 to 550, to condemn Israel for building their security wall and they say it is built on Palestine land.

They made no mention of the Palestine suicide bombers that have killed well over a thousand Israelis; men, women and children. They were killed in restaurants and street corner. They have been killed on buses and in night clubs across the country. Apparently the church has no problem with this, but I do.

The question then is, why should I contribute to this organization when I think they are wrong to become involved in a depute that has raged for hundreds of years and seems to have no viable solution. And, why does the church even take sides in this dispute? And why condemn the only democracy in that part of the world.

I believe the Israelis are fighting for their very lives and have a right to exist.

The world in general does not have this opinion. Israel has only one true friend and that's the United States, and even here only 60% give them their full support.

The wall has save many lives and it will in the future provide the needed edge in protecting itself from the ever increasing attacks from the Palestine terrorists of Hammas and Hezbollah. Again, the church does not consider this a problem. I do!



No comments: